Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Kennel Round 9 - Engelhart Alone

Starting with incidental damage.  You are all liable for it.  Embla, however, is the only one that gets it.  She takes 1 from incidental and 1 from bleeding, dropping her to -3; her stats are down 30%.  The incidental damage stuns her, and she falls back into 0604.

Lothar's hit brings the attack from the creature's head:  it hits AC 0, with a 13.  Lothar has been hit before and is at 14 hp.  I hit him for 11 more, drawing a wound on the ranger and stunning him awfully.  This thing is really big, so when it hits hard, it does toss you two hexes.  Lothar rolls all the way to 0801 ~ but lets his body go limp, taking no extra damage.

Fjall drew the claw attack; the beast hits AC 6 with a rolled 7 ... this is Fjall's armor class.  The claw does a d8: and I roll a Lothar:  1 damage.

Fjall is stunned and falls into Pandred's hex.

I've showed Bergthora's move from round 8 on this map, as we were late getting to it with the last post.


Engelhart is now the sole defender, for this round at least.  Bergthora start to load her weapon.  Everyone else is stunned.

Following the party's move, there's no significant change in position from the above.

The experience thus far:


12 comments:

Lothar Svensson said...

"Rolled a Lothar..." I am famous for my rolling. Yay?

Alexis Smolensk said...

[I'm sorry. I don't really want it to stick. But if we were running at a game table, I would have totally made that joke]

[How'd your game go yesterday?]

Lothar Svensson said...

[Pretty good, I think. I still feel like I need more practice, of course. I always start the evening three or four steps ahead of the players and end up neck and neck.]

Pandred said...

(If it makes you feel better, same here.)

Alexis, I think blogger ate your post about the rubble. I feel like you said it gave -2 AC and/or a -2 attack penalty, but I want to be sure.

I don't think it's unreasonable here to scramble for anything to squeeze out an advantage, especially considering our abysmal dice.

Good luck Engelhart. I'm counting on you.

Engelhart Askjellson said...

So was I...

First things:

Attack Roll: 8.

(Took the care to go and fetch the second d20 that I own, as this campaign has made me nothing if not mildly superstitious; Alas, I seem to be constant across die types, roll surfaces and hours of the day...)

With the leftover AP, I pondered moving in search of higher ground, but this would mean taking Lothar out of strike range once he comes around. Can't have that.

I feel like this fight has clearly turned the corner of being endable without casualties. Sure wouldn't want to be in Embla's shoes...

Alexis Smolensk said...

Well ...

I'll manage the response when I get back home from work. Engelhart will get both attacks.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The post above is updated. Working on Round 10.

Lothar Svensson said...

I don't see the 11 HP I took this round on the XP chart

Alexis Smolensk said...

That's why I post the chart. I will update it, make sure the damage is accounted for.

Engelhart Askjellson said...

*crossing fingers round the crucifix*

Lothar Svensson said...

Fjall should also have 1 HP up there. Missed that the first go-round. Man, if we survive this I'm gonna be halfway to 4th!

Alexis Smolensk said...

Good, I'll correct Fjall too, on the next post. Lothar has been corrected above.

The next post is up. Engelhart doesn't die.